WWE founder Vince McMahon steps down amid sexual assault and trafficking allegations

Vince McMahon has reportedly resigned from his post as executive chairman of TKO — which is the parent company of WWE — after alarming allegations came out that he had taken part in sexual assault, other physical abuse, and even trafficking, according to CNN.

The allegations became public knowledge after former WWE staffer, Janel Grant, filed a lawsuit against McMahon. While McMahon has denied the accusations, he recently resigned from his post and is prepared to defend himself in court.

“Out of respect for the WWE Universe, the extraordinary TKO business and its board members and shareholders, partners and constituents, and all of the employees and Superstars who helped make WWE into the global leader it is today, I have decided to resign from my executive chairmanship and the TKO board of directors, effective immediately,” McMahon said in a statement following his resignation.

The report noted that there has been speculation McMahon had paid out various settlements to several women while serving as WWE’s CEO and chairman since 2022. However, the recent development appears to shed new light on the extent of McMahon’s concerning behavior.

The lawsuit in question states that McMahon, now 78, forced Grant into a sexual relationship so that she could get and keep a job. The former chairman allegedly passed around pornographic photos and videos of Grant to other men, according to the Associated Press.

TKO Group — which includes WWE and Ultimate Fighting Championship — did not specifically comment on the resignation, noting that people should refer to McMahon’s statement on the matter.

“Mr. McMahon does not control TKO nor does he oversee the day-to-day operations of WWE,” TKO Group said earlier this week.

“While this matter pre-dates our TKO executive team’s tenure at the company, we take Ms. Grant’s horrific allegations very seriously and are addressing this matter internally.”

The lawsuit also suggests that McMahon offered a star wrestler sex with Grant as a perk for the 2021 year.

“WWE benefited financially from the commercial sex act venture orchestrated by McMahon, including by having wrestling talent, such as WWE Superstar, sign new contracts with WWE after McMahon presented Plaintiff as a sexual commodity for their use,” the lawsuit alleges.

“Ms. Grant hopes that her lawsuit will prevent other women from being victimized,” Grant’s attorney, Ann Callis, said on Thursday.

“The organization is well aware of Mr. McMahon’s history of depraved behavior, and it’s time that they take responsibility for the misconduct of its leadership.”

Like Blaze News? Bypass the censors, sign up for our newsletters, and get stories like this direct to your inbox. Sign up here!

Articles You May Like

Joe Scarborough Uses KC Super Bowl Shooting to Slam GOP for ‘Radical Gun Laws’
Catholic church tricked into hosting funeral for trans-identifying activist, it claims: ‘Sacrilegious and deceptive’
God, man, and the Kansas City Chiefs parade atrocity
TikTok Boasts Aggressive Election Interference, Censorship Campaign
Texas officials investigating ‘interaction’ with student that allegedly led to death of elderly high school staff member

Leave a Comment - No Links Allowed:

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *